Sanella presents this year’s motto Bake yourself Happy On World Baking Day. Therefore I brought you my favourite cake recipe – a fruity strawberry biscuit cake. Since I am currently back home and I will enjoy it to the fullest. Without any question it is the perfect dessert for summertime! My mom loves to bake it for special occasions. I still remember the five layer version for my 18th birthday, which was out of this world. Last year I made it for the first time by myself and surprised my boyfriend with a raspberry version for his birthday. Here comes my World Baking Day strawberry biscuit cake-recipe:
for the cake base:
80g corn flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
for the strawberry jelly
1 tablespoon sugar
2-3 tablespoon lemon juice
2 sheets of gelatine
fort he strawberry mousse:
6 sheets of gelatine
for the yoghurt cream
sugar of 1 lemon
4 sheets of gelatine
- prepare the biscuit base and bake it in a round or square form for 45 minutes with 170°C. Cut the cake base into two or three halfs.
- pour the yoghurt mousse onto the first cake base and let it cool for four hours in the fridge until it gets solid.
- as soon as the first mousse is done, continue with the second strawberry mousse layer, which you also let cool for about 4 hours.
- carefully put the other biscuit half on the solid layers and finish it with the strawberry jelly.
- best is to let it cool for one more night in the fridge.
- decorate it with strawberries and flowers and enjoy!
Wish you a wonderful day!