Office Update. We’ve been living for 1 year and 41 days now in our flat. As a matter of fact, the title Our new flat is no longer correct. My last interior post was a while ago. Meanwhile a lot of new interior stuff moved into the flat and there are some parts that I haven’t shown you yet. I absolutely love the flat and we couldn’t be happier. Today I can finally reveal my little working space.
Our new home new work space
Even though our living room is quite big we decided to get a large dining table. Therefore, there is no space for a small working area. However, I found some space in our bedroom, which is perfectly lightened. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get a larger table and it wasn’t so easy to find a small one. Luckily, Westwing Now had some pretty and affordable models and I chose this one called VALLEZ. With a width of 80cm (31 1/2’’ inch) it fits perfectly next to my bed. I absolutely love its American style with the steel elements and the white gloss part on top. It goes well together with my standing lamp. Next to the desk I also ordered a Mongolian lamb fur for the chair (which I will replace with my beloved SKRUVSTA swivel chair from IKEA). I now realize that there’s lots of grey our bedroom but not too much.
choice of screen
A couple of weeks ago I finally got myself an external screen. I was fed up with working on my tiny 13’’ MacBook screen. Moreover, a bigger screen adds some home office feeling. And I work so much better! A photographer friend recommended the EIZO screens, which are professional ones for photographers. One of the main reasons I wanted a screen was for drawing CAD and to edit my photos. So pleasant right now! I got myself an Eizo EV2450-BK in grey. At first glance the 23,8’’ seemed a bit small (especially because I wanted to watch movies on it too) but the size is perfect for everyday working.
Getting a screen may cost a lot of money because you also have to get a lot of supplies:
- MINI DISPLAYPORT (your computer needs to be connected to the screen) – g. CLS-Computer here | 10,85€
- KEYBOARD (I love the old Apple keyboard) – Apple MB110D/B Keyboard here | 62,90€
- MOUSE (I’d already had one but it works via USB, which is why I had to get a USB-hub) – e.g Logitech M185 mouse here | 12,89€
- USB-HUB (because of point 2 & 3 I got an USB-hub which organized my whole cable clutter. beware: external disks are too strong) – g Aukey 3.0 USB Hub here | 11,99€
- EXTERNAL SOUND SYSTEM (working with music is so much better. Unfortunately, the EIZO’s sound system is not the best, which is why I connected my sound system.) – e.g. JBL On Beat Venue LT Dockingsystem here| 160,98€
= screen 279,01€ + supplies 98,63 = 377,64€ (+ sound system 160,98€ = 538,62€)