bags: Saint Laurent | Miu Miu | Furla // oven: Steba (the oven didn’t fit into the kitchen anymore ;))
left books: Paul Coelho – Elf Minuten | Åsne Seiersta – Der Buchhändler aus Kabul | Michel Houellebecq – Unterwerfung | Jamie Cat Callan – Warum Französinnen nicht alleine schlafen | Rolf Steininger – Südtirol. Vom Ersten Weltkrieg bis zur Gegenwart
right speaker: JBL On Beat Venue LT | lamp: Artemide
left blazer: Holy Ghost | bag Coccinelle
right books: Heinrich Böll – Ansichten eines Clowns | Hans Ulrich Treichel – Menschenflug | Birgit Vanderbeke – Das lässt sich ändern | Antonio Tabuchi – Erklärt Pereira | Friedrich Torberg – Der Schüler Gerber
Nobody could really understand how I’d can organize myself to live on 18m2. And now it’s more than 1,5 years and I still didn’t manage to show you around my room. I must say that 18m2 are definitely a challenge, especially when my boyfriend is around. The apartment is designed quite well – a tiny kitchenette to the left when entering, bathroom to the right and straight ahead there is my 12m2 room. Even thought its size it is so close to uni and has a big window facing a quiet courtyards. Of course, you have to be organised within the flat, which is not easy for me as I am quite a chaotic person.
Here are some tipps to gain more space out of your room:
- Shelves over doorframes. Not only don’t you see them at first sight but they also create great stowage. I’ve installed one in my badroom which is great for towels, sheets and more.
- Open wardrobe. Even though I told myself not to ever get an open one again, it was the less expensive option.
3x 1,90 LACK Ikea Shelves + 3x MULIG clothes rails + 1x MALM dresser = around 145€.
But take into consideration that you have to drill a lot (I accidentally measured wrongly and my boys had to drill all wholes once again … uuuups).
- Stowage under your bed. If you think that your low MALM bed doesn’t have any stowage you’re absolutely wrong. I have two separated slutted frames which make it easy to lift either one or the other side. I recommend buying a bed with drawers underneath.
- Folding table. A big table takes in a lot of space. But once in a while you’ll need more space and folding tables are great for it.
- Mirrors. Everybody knows that mirrors make rooms larger and I wouldn’t mind having another one in my room. We women need large mirrors, my boyfriend instead would love to toss it away … men!
I hope you liked this interior post and in future more will come up. Right now I absolutely love browsing through interior pages and to get inspiration on Pinterest. The why and therefore will be released in one of the next posts! Maybe you already have a clue why …
Wish you a wonderful day!