One week in Dubai DAY 1 – Dubai Mall
We spend the first afternoon at the Dubai Mall in Dubai Downtown. The malls are huge in the UAE and we wanted to get an idea immediately. With a sales area of 350,000 m2 it is the largest shopping mall in the world. In fact, it felt like you could be shopping there for three weeks. The walking distances are so long!
- Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo – one of the biggest underwater world with 33.000 sea animals. Starting from 100 AED (around 26€)
- Dubai Ice Rink – costs 60 AED (around 16€) for 2h
- A waterfall
- The Emirates A380 Experience – Airbus flight simulation in the biggest airplane of the world. Starting from 375 AED (around. 96€)
- Reel Cinemas
- Food Court – absolutely not to recommend. There are a lot of cheap and bad fastfood chains. In the underground you’ll find better restaurants.
- Lots of shops – we could control ourselves
above the Dubai Aquarium from outside
above view onto the Souk AL Bahar and the Dubai Mall to the left
I was wearing a Hessnatur silk skirt, H&M basic top, Patrizia Pepe Tote and sandals from Rome
One week in Dubai DAY 2 – Mall of the Emirates
We spent the second day in the next mall – the Mall of the Emirates. This was definitely our last visit to a mall as we both aren’t such big fans of malls. Our stay was much shorter this time as we only wanted to see the ski lope. Compared to the Dubai Mall it is a better designed and more elegant one. The Asisan chain Din Tai Fung has opened a branch in the Emirates Mall and we went there for lunch (find a more detailed recommendation here). You won’t need more than 2-3 hours there!
above Penguin-Show at Ski Dubai
below the famous ski slope (way steeper than I thought)
One week Dubai DAY 3 – Burj Khalifa & Desert Safari
A visit without the Burj Khalifa? Definitely not possible. We booked our tickets easily with getyourguide.de and could thus skip the waiting line. Our tickets cost around 37€, which is quite a lot but it was absolutely worth it. The view from the 124th floor was quite impressive. You see skyscrapers springing up surrounded by super low housing. Although they are already super high themselves, they seem very small when looking from the 124th floor.
I hope you liked this article. The second part will follow soon!
Enjoy your Monday!