It’s no secret that I like to go out to dinner very much and often. One of my most beautiful hobbies! My restaurant list is infinitely long and even after two years in Berlin, it didn’t get any shorter. It annoys me however always very much (and also already at that time in Munich) that one can visit many restaurants on weekends never spontaneously. Most of the time I don’t feel like calling hundreds of restaurants that don’t use a booking system (do we live in a modern age?). For this reason, I usually check availability via a booking platform such as the world’s leading provider OpenTable.
- Did you know that already 50% of restaurant visits are booked via a mobile app?
OpenTable has a great selection of hip, high quality restaurants. The choice of restaurants can be easily filtered by neighborhood, restaurants in the area, meal type or number of people.
My boyfriend and I often travel with a time difference, so I like to reserve one or the other restaurant several weeks in advance for our Date Nights. For example, I booked my visit to 893 Ryōtei in Charlottenburg 2 months earlier because the restaurant is so well frequented. But it also works for spontaneous visits – simply enter the day, time, people and the available restaurants are quickly displayed.
An evening with OpenTable at the
Amandine and I hadn’t seen each other for several months now (she was constantly travelling and you can read her reports on her blog). A visit to the beautiful PANAMA restaurant in Berlin Mitte had long been on my list – the perfect occasion. At the lecture we quickly booked the availability on OpenTable As we arrived early, there were still enough places. The restaurant filled up bit by bit and was full at the end when we left.
We were greeted very friendly in the restaurant and accompanied to our table. I personally like the interior very much – a modern mix of Moroccan bohemian vibes on the lower floor. Upstairs is the open kitchen and a very bright, more L.A. inspired interior. In summer, there are also open tables, which, according to friends, exude a very special atmosphere.
“Simply the best restaurant in Berlin”
A trip to PANAMA
“Simply the best restaurant in Berlin”, so the words of one of my best friends. “It just fits everything”. We decided for the “Trip to PANAMA” (49,00€ p.P.), because I basically trust the bosses in their craft. Little by little the starters were brought to us for sharing, followed by the main courses.
Drinks & FOOD
I found the dishes interesting in terms of taste and very creative. The best dishes we tried were the Tatar of Hoheloher beef with shiitake mushrooms and currants, as well as the pork cheeks (for me rather without pineapple) with the smoked new potatoes were very tasty. My friend was there again for a few days and found the Fried Chicken in his words “outstanding”. The main course Oysterseitling and Chimichurri* unfortunately I didn’t find it appealing at all and almost completely went back again. I strongly recommend you to order in the PANAMA à la carte.
- *Chimichurri is an Argentinean grill sauce served with a classic asado.
Maybe I went to the restaurant with too many expectations. With such a high restaurant bill (124 including drinks for 2 persons) everything has to be just right for me. Unfortunately not every dish met my taste perfectly. On OpenTable I was able to comment and rate the restaurant in detail afterwards (and also collect points – I love collecting points!), which is definitely relevant for one or the other future visitor.
On OpenTable I was able to comment and rate the restaurant in detail (and also collect points – I love collecting points!), which is definitely relevant for one or the other future visitor.
High restaurant with international influences
Here is a small hotlist of restaurants for Berlin…
- Fes – Turkish BBQ (super delicious! always full – reserve early)
- Simsim Levantine Eatery (super good!)
- 893 Ryōtei (very good, great ambience, but a bit expensive)
- Seaside – Fish & Seafood Bar (recommended by my Family)
- Michelberger Restaurant
- Kebap with Attitude (relatively new in the middle)
- Nihombashi (super for lunch in the middle)
- Kumpel & Keule (very good burgers and meat dishes)
- ORA (for drinks, food doesn’t convince)
- NEUMOND (relaxed brunch and dinner)
- Hallmann & Klee (fantastic brunch and tarte flambée)
- Golden Phoenix (tasting menu recommended by Alice)
- VOLK (oyster bar new in center)
- PANTRY (allegedly super good steak and great ambience)
… as well as for Munich:
- NENI (new offshoot of the famous isreal restaurant chain from Vienna)
- Steinheil 16 (delicious giant schnitzel)
- Bapas Munich (Bavarian Tapas Bar)
- Café Bellevue (very nice interior and also cosy café)
- The Lonely Broccoli
- HeimWerk Schwabing
- Wuid Bar + Restaurant
- Lotus Lounge (recommended by a friend)