2 pineapple lamp – Zara (any hint where to get it???)
3 serving cart – found on Pinterest
4 dining chairs – Hoeffner (get them here + here)
5 matress – DreamZebra (get it here)
Happily our flat search in Munich went quicker than expected and we found our apartment within a week – looked up announces on Monday, went on visits on Wednesday, signed the contract on Friday. We’ve heard that people were looking such a long time for flats. We definitely had the luck of the devil!
I hope that the move goes smoothly. But choosing furniture together isn’t easy when two tastes come together. If it was up to me I would keep all the furniture clean in white and add decoration. My boyfriend is the opposite and finds white quite boring. Compromises have to be made but I am sure that our flat will be lovely.
Of course, when living together you can share the costs and we indulged ourselves with a few more expensive items. On top of our list were:
- A NEW DINING AREA. My boyfriend hates IKEA! Apart from our wardrobe we tried to avoid buying stuff there. We’d been checking a lot of online shops as we were looking for some unique and stylish dining chairs. Regarding the table we couldn’t really decide but chose this great model from Hoeffner. It was the only one with a great look, not too large but the most extendable. These days material mixes are great and I am curious to see how the dining chairs come together with the light wood.
- A NEW MATTRESS. Funnily, without even knowing that I was moving to a new place a friend from back home told me about these great mattresses from DreamZebra. The good thing is that there is no need for a bedstead and steel frame (so the price is nearly the same when buying a new bed). I will let you know how good we’ll sleep on it.
- SERVING CART. Finally we’ll have enough space to place a lovely serving cart in our living room. I am still searching a nice model. Probably I’ll do a DIY since it is so hard to find one in gold.
- BEDSIDE LAMPS. Unfortunately, I missed buying two of these lovely pineapple lamps from Zara. Anyone got them and selling two (or one?!) to me?
We still need:
- A new wardrobe
- a big carpet for the living area
- Two bedside tables
- A chest of drawers for the entrance
- laundry basket
- shelves for the kitchen
I can’t wait to show you more!
Have a wonderful day!